China Matters: Learn about control of innovation when collaborating and operating in China.
China remains a priority destination for European businesses, offering huge opportunities. And even if you don’t (yet) have a presence in China, Chinese businesses will still be influencing your value chain, organization customers, markets and competitors. Being ready and able to collaborate with Chinese companies or individuals, whether you are entering China or they are entering the Nordic markets, is a key capability for any business.
In the first of our China Matters events at our new Rouse office in Stockholm, this half-day event will be looking through the lens of intellectual property and other means of control at the opportunities and risks when making China part of your business’s strategy. We will also look at the impact of the macro environment on the set-up and management of supply chains between the EU and China, and the practical impact of the ongoing China-US trade war.
Speakers will include IP consultants and lawyers from Rouse’s offices in Shanghai, Beijing and London using real world examples.
As well as hearing from the speakers, we aim to provide valuable networking opportunities with your fellow delegates over lunch and one-to-one meetings with our team should you wish to learn how Rouse can help you.
- Keynote: China's macro environment from an EU business perspective
- Presentation: Participation and collaboration in China:
- Learn how to collaborate in China to protect your key assets.
- Learn about pros and cons of JVs, licensing, distribution and subsidiaries, and the impact of the new Foreign Investment law & Chinese governments’ innovation incentives on European businesses.
- Panel Discussion
- Presentation: Your technology, trade secrets and data in China:
- Learn how China regulates personal and R&D data and its impact on your business.
- Learn how to commercialise data and keep it as a competitive advantage.
- Learn data based facts about the positive reality of enforcing IP rights in China and hear some of the many success stories.
- Panel Discussion
- Lunch (Restaurant Lykke)
Landy Jiang, Beijing, Lusheng Law Firm (Rouse Network)
Ling Jin, Shanghai, Lusheng Law Firm (Rouse Network)
Tim Smith, London, Rouse Consultancy
Thomas Randes, Stockholm, Rouse Sweden
ABOUT ROUSE CONSULTANCY
Over 25 years of experience in fast moving markets has taught us that success requires much more than a narrow view of legal IP rights. We bring a deep understanding of the relationship between business functions and how they must be aligned to realise value from your business’s intellectual endeavours. The resulting intangible assets behave differently in fast moving markets, driven by different legal, regulatory, political and commercial landscapes. We help you derive maximum value from these assets from China and South East Asia to the Middle East.
HOW ROUSE CONSULTANCY HELPS YOU
Who should attend?
- Owners / Founders
- Management Executives
- Business Development Executives
- Business Area Executives
- Innovation Executives
- R&D Executives
- IP Executives
- Legal Executives
- Patent Executives
- Licensing Executives